Are you looking for a new opportunity that combines your interest in parts, customer service and driving? We are seeking a dependable, customer-focused individual with excellent communication skills to deliver and pick up parts from customers and vendors in a safe and timely manner.
This is a union position. Excellent benefits offered including medical, dental, pension, etc.
The Delivery Driver will pick up parts from customers and vendors in a safe and timely manner. They will also assist in the parts department.
Job functions and responsibilities:
- Coordinate pick-up and deliveries when needed from internal customers (parts manager, body shop, wholesale representatives, inventory, parts counter people, shipping/receiving)
- Verify that invoices match purchase orders and payments are received for each pick-up when applicable
- Keep an accurate log of daily deliveries and pick-ups, making sure to obtain customer signatures on each delivery entry
- Act as liaison between parts sales and customer
- Timely processing of paperwork and return of undelivered parts
- Basic truck maintenance (filling gas tank, checking oil, keeping it clean, ensuring required maintenance is performed)
- Advise Parts Manager if delivery trucks need major repairs and/or maintenance
- Help maintain the professional and clean appearance of the Parts Department
- Assists with inventory stocking
- Other duties to meet business requirements
Key attributes, skills, and characteristics:
- Effective communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
- Customer service focused and skilled
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to read and interpret company and procedural documents
- Effective problem solving skills and abilities
- Self-management and time management skills (ability to accomplish goals independently)
- High School diploma or GED
- Must have current, valid driver's license
- Safe driving record required
- Ability to lift up to 100 lbs.
- Must pass drug screen
- Must have the ability to travel throughout assigned route
- Must have flexible schedule
- Prior route deliver driver experience is preferred
Inver Grove Ford Lincoln is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Type: Full-time